Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's been too long

There has been a lot happening over the last couple months but I just haven't felt like blogging too much. I will try very hard to keep this short as to not make any of you pass out from boredom.
The last time we spoke I was still dealing with the grief and sadness of loosing Gilbert. It has been a very long process (not to make light of those of you who have been dealing with grief longer than 3 months like me) and even though I'm not completely beyond the sadness I am definantly on the other side looking out. I've said it before and I'll say it again, God is Faithful, only He can turn sorrow into Joy and I am so happy to tell you all that He has brought Joy back to our family.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I know it's might sound crazy to some but I am not at all scared to tell the world, that there is a baby growing inside my womb once again. I am only 3wks and 3 days along but I can't see any reason for keeping it to myself. My mom told me today that I shouldn't post it on Facebook untill I'm farther along. And I know that a lot of people don't tell anyone till they are past the 1st trimester thinking that they are out of the woods- but I was "Out of the Woods". I was 18wks that's 6 weeks into the 2nd trimester, and yet I still had to say goodbye to my baby boy. The way I look at it is like this, if I don't tell anyone and I loose this baby then I would have to go through the grief alone. But if I let the whole world know and still miscarry then I have a team of people there to lift me up and help me through. And if God wills that this baby comes home to live with us here then everyone will have been able to experience the joy with us from the very begining. And besides all of that, my belly is not staying tucked away for much longer.
Okay so the other stuff that I've been up to. Well I have almost finished my craft room. It's actually a storage closet but it's big enough for my desk and I put up more shelves so I can store all my fabric out in the open where I will be able to see it and be more inspired by it. I still have to get some storage stuff for the small stuff and then put everything away but it is so close to being done I can taste it -or is that saw dust in my mouth? Either way I'm pretty proud of my accomplishment. I will post a pic or two once it's all done. I also finished the dress for my best friends wedding. I know it sounds crazy but I don't have any pictures of it on me other than a few of the wedding pics that are on my friends FB page I did however hij*ck one of them just for all of you.

I was/am very proud of how it turned out. My mom was actually shocked that it turned out so well. The entire time that I was making it she kept telling me that I should go look at dresses at the shops "just in case". I really don't think she thought that I could pull it off. But I did and it is beautiful and yes it's still in the suitcase.

The day I got back from Nashville we got the call that Lincoln could start pre-school on base the very next day. So now I have two in school though Lincoln goes in at noon and nathian gets out at 2 I still have 2 hours with out any kiddos in my hair. (not that they ever get on my nerves you know cause I have just the most well behaved children who listen to everything I say and do everything I ask them to the first time-but I digress) I thought it was going to be very difficult with the times but it's turning out pretty good. Nathian either rides or walks to and from school with the neighbors. Till Christmas break I am carpooling with another mom to take Lincoln and her daughter "K" to and from pre-school we are taking turns on the pick up and drop off and the kids are loving it. It works great for Mia too since her nap time doesn't get too screwed up.

There is a lot more going on but this is getting long so I will leave you for now but I promise I will not be gone as long this time (to those of you who care).

God Bless

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Awww! Congrats Sweetie! You've been in my thoughts every day and I've been wondering how you've been doing. As scary as it must be, I am happy that you have been blessed yet again. Glad you decided to share; it seems most people think that if they wait to tell anyone then nothing bad will happen but as we know that's not true. With our children that is never the case. You just have to take each day as it comes and thank God for His blessing.

(Forgive my rambling...)

I'll comment more later. I seemed to have lost my brain. Hmm. That is definitely a symptom of pregnancy, and just motherhood in general! I'm in trouble!

Lots of Love and Prayers,

Mel