Thursday, May 15, 2008

Made a some clothes for Mia

So I made a beautiful dress for Mia for Easter. She was so cute. It's a reversable wrap. I used a tutorial from another creative mind http://whatdidshedotoday.wordpress.com/category/tutorials/. Thank you Amy.
It was so much fun to make and a lot easier than it looks. I didn't enjoy making my bias tape but I found a new tool (at least new to me) at Joann's, it acually folds your bias tape for you. You still have to sew and cut out your material but then you slip your material into the tool and you pull it through and start to iron it. I haven't used it yet but I am actualy looking forward to it .
I also made another dress for Mia using the same concept as the wrap but it is more of a jumper. It ties on the shoulder. I also tried to make reversable bloomers but it was very hard to put the elastic in around the legs so I opted for just surging around the leg holes with a simi rolled edge so they look more like shorts which is fine, I just have to tie the shoulders tighter so it looks more like a short outfit.
I used $1 fabric from Walmart to make the short outfit and a brocade for her easter dress. I do not recommend the brocade if you are a novice, it frays really easy, I would have given up before I began if I didn't have my serger. The fabric from walmart worked really well I actually loved how it was thin and you can see what looks like a watermark background print (I took a picture I hope you can what I'm talking about.)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Very nice! I really like the fabric. What a cutie. I'm glad you enjoyed the tutorial and thank you for posting about it!