Sunday, May 25, 2008

stayed home sick

Well not really sick but my nose is runny and my throat hurts and I've been coughing but it's really all just allergies. Life in Cali's central valley is quite challenging, last week it was extremely hot (triple digit temps) then this week we have had high temps and winds stirring up the dust and then just as soon as the wind stopped the temps decided to take a dive and the rain started. Now don't get me wrong I love the rain and we have been in great need of it (especially those areas dealing with the fires) but it is very rough on a persons allergies when the weather keeps changing. Not to mention the fact that all of this is happening at the same time that my body is building up it's immunity to our new kitten. So with all that said, I stayed home from church today. The first time since March of 2005 when I went to hospital on Sunday afternoon to have our second child. I wasn't going to stay home because I do have some control issues and I keep thinking that if I'm not there then the Nursery is going to fall apart but Ben convinced me that it would be better for me to stay home and rest so that I don't get really sick cause then I would not be good for anyone. So as I'm here alone I am working on trying to fix my serger (hoping that I don't have to buy new loopers for it.) and also trying to finish up our duvet cover. I also have to get dressed so that we can go pick up my new treadmill. It's not really new but it is for me. I can't wait to start running. I have always wanted to run but I have asthma and so running outside is not really a good idea but now I can run while the kids are taking a nap and then hopefully by the time Ben gets back from his deployment next February I will be in great shape with an even healthier heart. (not to mention rid of the baby fat still left around my middle) I have to get ready to meet the family for Sunday lunch, I just hope my nose is up for it.

0 comments: